New Music Edmonton presents:
NOW HEAR THIS FESTIVAL 2016
Holy Trinity Anglican Church, 10037 84 Ave, Edmonton
Monday, March 14 – Thursday, March 17
- Darren Copeland workshop sessions with Norah Lorway, Nico Arnáez and Gary Joynes.
- Darren workshop(s) with emerging artists.
- Lori workshop(s) with emerging artists.
- School outreach.
Friday, March 18
- 7:00 pm - Lori Freedman, The Virtuosity of Excess, featuring works bass and contrabass clarinets by Brian Ferneyhough, Richard Barrett, Paul Steenhuisen, Raphael Cendo and Paolo Perezzani.
- 8:30 pm - Darren Copeland and Friends, featuring multi-channel electroacoustic works by Darren Copeland, Norah Lorway, Nico Arnaez and Gary James Joynes.
- 10:00 pm Late-night Live 1 - Live performances by some of Edmonton’s most exciting and innovative sonic artists.
Saturday, March 19
- 10:00 am - Live interview with guest artists.
- 2:00 pm - Edmonton Saxophone Quartet: Edmonton premieres of compositions for saxophone quartet curated from our open call.
- 4:30 pm - Panel Discussion.
- 7:00 pm - Damn magpies: Edmonton’s recently-formed improv sextet performs live with special guest Lori Freedman.
- 8:30 pm - LISH: a newly created performance for dance and trumpet by Jen Mesch and Nate Wooley.
- 10:00 Late-night Live II - Live performances by some of Edmonton’s most exciting and innovative sonic artists.
Sunday, March 20
- 11:00 am - Free workshop event.
- 2:00 pm - Violet Collective: Edmonton premieres of compositions for our resident ensemble curated from our open call.
- 4:00 pm - Closing event.